Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Carol Resource Search Results and Commentary Report

http://www.crossmarks.com/brian/
http://www.workingpreacher.org/
Specific graphic sites for Power Point development will be cited later.
Interview with a pastor friend is also a source.
Bibleworks 8 provided some support also in researching the sermon base and underlying Greek.

The above are my primary sites for the development of my first Sunday in Lent Sermon text, Matthew 4:1-11.This is Matthew's account of Jesus' temptation by the Devil following Christ's baptism by John the Baptist. Matthew places the story between the baptism of Jesus and the beginning of' his ministry.
In addition. I will be using some reference to both the Interpreter's Bible and Harper's Bible Dictionary.
Likewise, I have communicated with a Pastor friend who had used some phraseology in a sermon regarding cultivating such a closeness with Scriptures so one could almost "Dream in Scripture." I most likely will refer to her comments in my sermon.
Brian Stoffregen in his exegetical notes at Crossmarks makes a big deal out of the basic difference between two significant Greek verbs, one meaning " to test", the other meaning  "to tempt." I see reference in one of my sources to God's testing to strengthen and Satan's tempting to weaken. That I need to continue to ponder! What a difference. In the digging out the text, I notice that the WorkingPreacher site mentions the wilderness as a "place of preparation for God's next step." The forty days and forty nights of fasting are aspects I must ponder. There's a lot to ponder here ,and I'm seeing things I never had thought about before. That can only be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment